Care and maintenance
Klima Series products meet all statutory warranty requirements and are fully tested to ensure compliance with the New Zealand Building Code. Regular maintenance is needed to keep your warranty valid.
If you want your joinery to be looking at its very best for years to come, these simple steps will help.
For windows and doors
- Clean and remove builder’s debris and dust
- inside of sills
- Clean every three months – more often in coastal or industrial environments, ideally once a month
- Clean with a soft brush, warm water and mild household detergent. For stubborn stains,
- use a soft cloth with Jif cream cleanser
- Abrasive steel wool, scrapers, scouring liquids, solvents and thinners will damage the finish
- Remove build-up in door tracks
- Exposure to excessive heat, heaters or hot air guns may damage the surface finish.
- Clean powdercoated hardware with a wet sponge or soft brush, warm water and mild detergent and rinse with fresh water.
- Only use detergents and cleaning solutions recommended for glass
- Soak glass first to loosen dirt, then use a mild,
- non-abrasive solution
- Rinse with water, as cleaning residue can permanently mark glass.
The Klima Series warranty certifies that all products meet or exceed the requirements of the New Zealand Building Code*.
They are guaranteed for five years against failure of materials and workmanship and, as per the Building Code, can be expected to have a serviceable life of more than 15 years.